School Board President Dave Skoyen will be moving outside of the district boundaries and will not longer be a member of the Whitehall School District Board of Education. Below you will find a letter Dave has written to the employees of the district.

June 27, 2016

To the Staff of Whitehall Memorial School:

Thank you and congratulations. Thank you for another year of hard work and determination to create the best environment our students could ask for. Also, congratulations for being the finest employees any district could ever ask for.

It goes without saying that you, as educators, have been given many more challenges than ever before. In this time of political unrest and more questions than answers, you have stepped up to the plate and done a fabulous job. On behalf of the entire school board, I thank you. I like to think that we at Whitehall put ourselves above everyone else and make it happen regardless of political or other situations that can hamper our goals. This is the attitude that drives winners to succeed. This is the attitude that does, and will continue to drive Whitehall to be one of the best districts in the state. Over the last 24 years, I have traveled to many conferences and conventions and seen many other schools. I will always, without a doubt put you up against anyone in the state; you are the finest.

To be the best, you have to learn from the best. So the challenge I’m offering to you, the staff members of Whitehall Memorial, is that you never give less than your best, it is what we have always done. We need to keep this tradition going, you need to take hold of your district and work to make all of the future educators the finest, the same way your predecessors did for you. It is the key to our sustainable success and is the key to the success of our children.

The beautiful thing about education is even though some view it as big business, it is so much simpler than that, it is educators and it is children. No more, no less. You, the educators, hold the key to the success of our children. You have the ability to unlock their doors and show them the future.

I would like to ask one favor of you, that you, the staff at Whitehall Memorial keep the tradition of excellence and high class education going.

As of July 1, I will no longer be a member of the Whitehall School District Board of Education as I will be residing outside of the district boundaries. Life brings changes; that is the only thing we know for sure about our future. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the history of Whitehall. I will never forget you and I will always be your biggest supporter. Let me end with this:  In 24 years as a board member, I’ve never missed a retirement dinner because I felt there is no career that should be celebrated more than that of a teacher and I will always feel that way. Thank you for all you do, keep up the good work and always believe in yourself.

Sincerely and farewell,

Dave Skoyen

Board President